Quality Assurance Manager
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Quality Assurance Manager will implement and enforce quality assurance and quality control policies and systems throughout the company to certify that the products are manufactured consistently and in accordance with a stringent standard of quality. The QA Manager will implement series of quality testing for all finished products and manage the quality systems databases for SOPs, training, change controls, CAPAs, etc. Also, the QA Manager will participate in quality audits, including travel to supplier sites to perform vendor audits. This position will collaborate to work towards third-party GMP certification and other industry-specific manufacturing certifications.
- Implement quality systems, processes, and procedures and provide ongoing management, including maintaining FDA and WA Department of Agriculture food manufacturing laws and procedures.
- Assist management team with internal Quality Assurance audits. Evaluate and lead in developing action plans and follow-up of quality issues. Deliver ambitious, articulate, and fact-based selling proposals and presentations while leveraging key insights with confidence.
- Implement and host client-initiated audits and inspections. Respond to correction and preventative actions (CAPAs) for audit observations. Provides weekly and monthly sales reporting to show current potential and proposed sales volumes.
- Assist in achieving third-party GMP certification. Meet with management team regularly to inform of quality and GMP compliance status, including current problems and prescribed resolution. Support marketing campaigns and execute with retailers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of SOP system, including requisite SOPs for third-party GMP certification, FDA compliance, ISO compliance (if required), and customer requirements.
- Enforce compliance with internal procedures to ensure that established quality and process procedures are being always followed by the appropriate personnel. Continued focus on the customer, products, and empowerment projects.
- Provide internal quality SOP and ISO compliance training. Maintain training database and ensure that employee training records are up to date. Ensure new employees are trained on quality SOPs per specific job functions.
- Prefer four years of experience in microbiology or a related field bachelor’s degree in the related field is desired.
- Prefer two years of experience in quality assurance functions.
- Knowledge of GMP standards and the applicable US and International Regulatory requirements for the manufacturing of cosmetics and FDA-regulated products.
- Basic understanding of process development methodology in the industry.
- Prefer three years of management experience over direct reports.
- Experience with quality audits and audit hosting.
- Presentation skills, including administering employee training sessions and hosting customer quality auditors. Proficiency with MS PowerPoint
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with using database management systems.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree preferred.
- Tenacious, resilient, and highly organized.
Olympia, WA. Full-time position.
We do not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.