National Sales Manager – Grocery
This position is responsible for achieving sales quota and profitability, managing the Grocery channel. The National Sales Manager will divide growth with existing accounts and cultivate new business through effective sales planning, promotions, and communication.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales performance goals for assigned areas – gross sales, net sales, trade spend, and Ebitda. Strong focus on profitability.
- Create, maintain, and develop strong relationships with key account category managers and buyers.
- Manages all portion of the assigned business to include forecasting, promotional activity, presentations, negotiations, and business analysis.
- Deliver ambitious, articulate, and fact-based selling proposals and presentations while leveraging key insights with confidence.
- Help achieve new product introductions and communicate customer feedback.
- Provides weekly and monthly sales reporting to sow current potential and proposed sales volumes.
- Contributes to the development of strategy and will execute strategic plans for all assigned distributers and will utilize data to provide insights and actionable plans for distributor customers.
- Support marketing campaigns and execute with retailers.
- Forefronts customer business objectives with clear communications while interacting with marketing customer service, shipping, sales operations & strategy, and finance teams.
- Coordinates or conducts account education and training presentations.
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time. Home location near major airport preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired.
- Uses data-based decision making.
- 7+ years’ consumer packaged goods experience is necessary. Grocery Channel account management experience is necessary. Natural products and/or health and beauty experience is a strong plus.
- possess high integrity, understand the importance of confidentiality, and exhibit sound judgment to make timely decisions. Exudes a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Willingness to be flexible, embrace change and adapt positively to change.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, respectful, and effective manner.
- Passion and interest in natural products and social responsibility.
- This job is Remote
We do not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.